Wednesday 25 April 2012

Nutty Anzac Biscuits




Not wanting to miss out on the patriotism, and besides I needed something to give my guests this afternoon as DH has just finished the whole packet of the “guests’ biscuits” I have in the pantry. What better day to make Anzac biscuits? I love the sweet oaty crunch, and decided to add some nuts to enhance the flavour and the crunch after reading NQN’s post. I adapted my recipe from Good Taste.

Ingredients
½ cup chopped nuts (I found some almonds and brazil nuts today)
¾ cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup castor sugar
1 tsp ground ginger (I used ½ ginger ½ all spice)
2 tbsp boiling water
2 tbsp golden syrup/honey/treacle
125g melted butter
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Method
1.          Preheat oven to 160C.
2.          Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3.          Stir the golden syrup into the hot water and the bicarb until foamy.
4.          Add in the butter.
5.          Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
6.          Mix well.
7.          Line cookie trays with greaseproof paper.
8.          Shape the biscuits with spoon or use your hands to make little balls.
9.          Flatten it with the back of a spoon and place them well spaced on the baking tray.
10.      Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...