Wednesday 22 June 2011

Banana Pineapple Cake

This is my all time favourite tried and tested recipe. The pineapple keeps the cake really moist and lightens it up. I often make them into muffin size for lunchboxes, it freezes well too. I love how easy it is to make. The recipe is from AWW Cakes and Slices book, my copy was an 18th birthday gift all those years ago from my uncle.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar (I often substitute with brown sugar)
3/4 cups chopped pecans/walnuts (I usually omit it)
1 cup mashed banana
450g can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 160C.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. Combine all the wet ingredients and mix into the flour.
  4. Pour into prepared pan.
  5. Bake for about 1 hour (in a loaf pan), reduce cooking time if you use a muffin pan.

This is how easy it is to make, even the cat can do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...