Tuesday 12 July 2011

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

This is my all time favourite muffin recipe. It is fast and simple. I can get a batch of these out of the oven within 30 minutes of starting. I use this recipe as a base with all kinds of fruits, fresh, canned or frozen, all with good results.



Again, this recipe is taken from Exclusively Food


Ingredients (Makes 12 large muffins)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup oil (mild flavoured vegetable oil, I use olive oil I have no problems with it)
¾ cup caster sugar
2 cups self raising flour
¾ cup buttermilk (I’ve substituted yoghurt and a bit of milk when I don’t have buttermilk on hand without any problems)
1 ½ cup of frozen blueberries


Method
1.           
2.          Preheat oven to 170°C fan forced oven.
3.          Beat egg, vanilla, oil and buttermilk together.
4.          Pour into the flour, sugar and frozen blueberries and stir them together.
5.          Do not over mix.
6.          Scoop into muffin pans.
7.          Bake for 20-25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...