Friday 15 July 2011

Hamburger

I don’t know if any of you are fans of Steve Martin, my husband and the kids are big fans of all his silliness, including Dirty Rotten Scoundrels; one of their favourite scenes from the movie is the hamburger scene at the airport.

My hamburger.
My earliest childhood memories of hamburger was having my first taste of it from a Malay stall at an interstate bus stop overnight. Back then MacDonald’s did not exist. I was introduced to the Aussie version with beetroot when I moved to Australia and I love it.

I was tempted to make the buns myself after the Herston’s challenge on Masterchef, but alas, I couldn’t find the time to do it yesterday. Maybe next time. (*promise*)

Patty mix
Ingredients for the meat patty:
500g premium beef mince
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp dried fennel
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 eggwhite
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
1.          Mix all the ingredients together until you can shape the mince into balls without crumbling. Add a bit more liquid if it does.
2.          Shape them into big balls and flatten into patties.
3.          Place patties in the fridge while getting the other condiments ready.
4.          Pan fry or BBQ the meat patties until cooked.
5.          Cut the buns in half heat on the grill/BBQ.

Build your own burger.

DH's burger.


J's burger. Hmmm.....no veges to be seen.


T's burger, he couldn't wait.


2 comments:

  1. Burgers look delicious..now how can I get hubby to make me one for my dinner?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call it a craving, or the bubba needs to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...